- Scant ½ cup Wheat Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or any flavor you want)
- Any add-in that you fancy
Pancakes are oh, so good, but lots of times end up on your hips. I wanted to try something healthier. I found the base recipe of this on http://www.everydaybelle.com/greek-yogurt-pancakes/.
I Dannified this recipe by swapping out the regular flour with whole wheat flour. It worked wonderfully. This recipe is so easy and fast. I like to play with the recipe to satisfy the current craving. When I last made this recipe, I used chopped walnuts to mix into the batter, and then I reserved some to top the pancakes with at the end.
Some of my favorite flavor combos:
- Peaches w/ a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon (I use drained canned peaches)
- Chocolate chips and pecans (you could do dark chocolate chips)
- Banana and Chia Seeds (maybe add some peanut butter chips)
- FRESH sliced strawberries and Light whipped cream
Don’t skimp on the syrup. Avoid those with High Fructose Corn Syrup and artificial sweetners. Either use fresh organic honey or PURE maple syrup. You won’t need a lot of either, especially if you are topping with fresh fruit, using chocolate chips, or brown sugar and cinnamon.
If you give this a try, let me know what you think! Hopefully you can get inspiration from this recipe and try your own twist!