- 1 pound of ground turkey (I used the 93% fat-free).
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 or 4 cloves of minced or pressed garlic
- ½ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce (Dannified ingredient)
- Crushed red-pepper flakes (Dannified ingredient)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. This works best if you do it with your hands as ground turkey can sometimes stick together and you want to make sure you get all that yumminess evenly distributed. I used the 93% fat-free turkey because it tends to be more moist when cooked, however if you are really counting your caloric intake, use the 99% fat-free kind.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Use your hands to roll the turkey into about 1” balls and place on sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Check a meatball and make sure that it is cooked through.
I made these on a weeknight, so I didn’t have a ton of time to make a homemade sauce. I like spice so I added the crushed red pepper flakes. So, I paired these tasty balls with some Newman’s Own Vodka Sauce, served over whole wheat linguini. Quite tasty!!! My husband is kind of picky about his meatballs, and it passed his test!
Hope this recipe inspires you to make your own! Let me know how they turn out!
Error: Contact form not found.